ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Building Competencies with HRManagement Practice is a competitive simulation developed by Interpretive Solutions and based on the human resources management function.
Participants will be part of a newly appointed HR Team comprised of an HR Director and 2-3 team members who will take over the management of the human resources department in a medium-sized manufacturing organisation.
- To establish a strong HR function and operate the human resource department of the organization within the budget and labour market constraints of the environment.
- To develop proficiency in assessing the impact of an organization’s strategy on the design of appropriate
HR programs such as staffing; training; performance management; compensation; labour relations; and recruitment and selection.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
This HRM Practice is ideal for:
- Emerging HR Professionals who want to make a quantum leap in their HR Competencies.
- Experienced HR Professionals who wish to acquaint themselves with contemporary HR issues, apply their knowledge in a dynamic simulated business environment and mentor junior professionals.
- Students of HRM who want to experience integrating theory with practice.
- Over an eight (8) day period, (each day representing a quarter of a year), each team will make strategic HR decisions and observe their impact.
- The HR simulation will require you to manage a given budget and make a series of HR decisions each quarter. You will receive daily guidance and advice from your Facilitators, Hyacinth Guy and Gillia Liverpool.
- The decisions you make on the various HR issues, e.g., Job Analysis, Employee Staffing, Performance Appraisal, Labor Management, Compensation, Recruitment and Selection, will have direct impact on the organization’s bottom line.
- The simulation will take place in an environment of direct competition with other teams, and your team’s performance will be assessed on how the organisation performs, and how well it stays within its budget.
PROVISIONAL COURSE SCHEDULE
Participants should schedule three hours each day for course participation.
Course participation will include one-hour presentations by facilitators and two hours allocated for you and your team to consider HR case and make HR Decisions.