My Client, a public company in the Transportation and Estate Management Industry is seeking to fill the position of AUDITOR 1. This position is at the entry level in the Audit Department and Reports to a Senior Auditor.
The Auditor 1 provides assurance of the adequacy of risk management and related control processes of the Corporation’s business through the conduct of financial, operational and process audits. The position also evaluates the effectiveness of any corrective actions and process improvements activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is the entry level position within the Audit Department. The position reports to a Senior Auditor and the Department is headed by a Chief Internal Auditor.
The scope of work required of the person in this position includes:
- Prepares a comprehensive audit plan outlining risk-based objectives.
- Executes analytical audit procedures so as to obtain sufficient and relevant evidence to ensure compliance with agreed processes.
- Prepares documentation that provides evidence of audit tests and conclusions.
- Prepares and presents timely verbal and or written reports that effectively communicate audit findings and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to Management.
- Conducts follow up activities to appraise the adequacy of any corrective actions taken to eliminate root causes of non-compliance.
- Performs detailed research and analysis to understand the nature of a process or system.
- Identifies key risks and related controls designed to achieve business objectives.
- Examines and evaluates documents to objectively form an opinion on the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls.
- Contributes to recommendations or measures to strengthen the effectiveness of processes or systems.
Attributes of the desired candidate
The ideal candidate must have sound knowledge of all aspects of auditing, thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures and practices of accounting, knowledge of the laws, regulation, standards, business principles and governance requirements of the company’s operations. He/she must have the following minimum level qualifications, experience and training:
- First degree in Management Studies/Accounting or Computer Studies.
- Successful completion of Level II ACCA or equivalent professional certification.
- Three (3) years’ working experience including two (2) years in auditing
- Experience in assessing business processes and systems.
Evaluation of Candidates
In addition to the technical competencies as outlined in the Job Description, candidates would be evaluated on the behavioural competencies required for the position including communication, reliability, dependability, ability to cultivate meaningful relationships and an ability to influence others. Successful applicant should be capable of collecting information and imparting it to others.
How to Apply
In responding to this advertisement, candidates are asked to note the duties and responsibilities and to structure their resume to show evidence of ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities.
Please submit a resume and a covering letter addressed to:
Hyacinth Guy Human Resource Company
19 Dahlia Cresent, La Florisante, Dabaide
and email to:
Please feel free to call Hyacinth Guy at 681 4723 should you require further information relevant to the position and the company.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Saturday 24th, 2019.